Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vertigo?!?!?


Vertigo - illusion of movement; sensation that the external world is revolving around an individual or that the individual is revolving in space.

O.K. it is one thing to have a night out on the town and have a few too many capecod's, but to feel this way ALL day long for DAYS is just CRAZY!!! It's like a bad carnival ride that won't end. Help!!! I want off this freakish ride...

It all started on Tuesday when I had woke up moving sluggishly and feeling disoriented thinking it was because I hadn't had my morning cup of joe. I had a slight headache but didn't think much about it and went to work. The day went O.K., just didn't feel quite myself. I had misjudged where my chair was when I sat down and ran into the door but just chalked it up to being clumsy.

Wednesday - was pretty much deja vu of Tuesday except my morning coffee was a triple grande mocha from Starbucks. I just thought that I needed an extra shot to get me going. By the afternoon, I was sick to my stomach and just looking at someone was a challenge because they were mysteriously floating and moving. I decided that either hubby was trying to poison me(ha ha) or something was seriously wrong.. So, I go down the street which by the way driving was no easy chore. The po po would have had a field day with me "honest officer, I'm NOT drunk!". The pharmacist said that I had vertigo and gave me Bonine, which is like Dramamine only better. O.K. I'm cool with that. I'll take this and it'll go away right? Wrong!! It didn't even help!

Thursday - Forget me getting out of bed or lifting my head off the pillow. I couldn't even move. I was completely sick and slept the whole day.

Friday - I tried going to work. I had so much that I needed to do and now was not the time to be out sick. I made it to about 2pm and I couldn't take anymore. I decided to go to the Dr's to see if he could help me and once again I was told that I have vertigo and that it would just have to go away. It could last for a couple of days or as long as a couple of weeks!!!!

So, today I'm just trying to function with it. It's a good day because I don't feel as sick but if I move suddenly my equilibrium is thrown right off.

I'm curious if anyone out there has any suggestions or has had this before. I'd love to hear from you..

Until then...I'll just be floating around :)

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Just wanted to let you know about my Giveaway! I started an online coffee shop, Get The Bean. To celebrate we are giving away a 16oz bag of coffee every Friday for the month of October. To enter visit my blog:

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

If you are interested in learning how to get money for the cancer charity of your choice for an entire year visit:

www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Meaghan